Thursday, March 26, 2015

Always look for the good!


When I was newly married, I  learned first hand that when I looked for something to bug me, I would always find it. Thinking things had to be done exactly the way I was taught, I was very critical of how my husband made the bed, folded laundry, and even made dinner. I don’t remember how long this went on but one day I heard the words in my head, “If you keep criticizing the way he is trying to help, pretty soon he will stop helping altogether.” After that moment, my attitude changed; instead of thinking things had to be done a certain way and allowing it to annoy me if they weren’t, I started showing gratitude that they were being done. I stopped remaking the bed if the comforter was crooked or the blankets weren’t tucked in and 18 years later I love walking in my room and seeing a crooked comforter because it tells me that my husband loves me enough to make the bed when I know he really could care less if the bed was made at all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment